Find here the publications based upon work from COST Action CA19111 NEWFOCUS, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology):
If you have a publication (conference or journal publication) with two different member states involved, we kindly but firmly ask you to put the following Acknowledgement in the work: “This publication was based upon work from COST Action NEWFOCUS CA19111, supported by COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)“
- – First White paper, July 2022 [pdf]
- – A.M. Vegni and M. Biagi, “A Threefold Layered Optical Wireless Network: Illumination, Communication and Positioning,” accepted to Optics Express, 2023.
- – A.M. Vegni and P. Diamantoulakis, “Proactive Handover Mechanism for Blockage Avoidance in Indoor VLC Networks,” in Proc. Of the 18th International Conference on Mobility, Sensing and Networking (MSN 2022), December 14-16, 2022, Guangzhou, China. INVITED PAPER.
- – I. C. Ijeh, M. A. Khalighi, M. Elamassie, S. Hranilovic and M. Uysal, “Outage probability analysis of a vertical underwater wireless optical link subject to oceanic turbulence and pointing errors,” in Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 439-453, June 2022, doi: 10.1364/JOCN.454191.
- – C. Jurado-Verdu, V. Guerra, J. Rabadan, and R. Perez-Jimenez, “Deep learning for signal clock and exposure estimation in rolling shutter optical camera communication,” Opt. Express 30, 20261-20277 (2022), doi: https://doi.org/10.1364/OE.458538
- – I. C. Ijeh, O. Haddad, M. A. Khalighi, “Ergodic Capacity of a Vertical Underwater Wireless Optical Communication Link Subject to Misalignment,” 2022 4th West Asian Symposium on Optical and Millimeter-wave Wireless Communications (WASOWC), Tabriz, Iran
- – T. Essalih, I. C. Ijeh, O. Haddad, M. A. Khalighi, “Influence of MPPC Parameters on the Performance of Underwater Optical Links,” 2022 4th West Asian Symposium on Optical and Millimeter-wave Wireless Communications (WASOWC), Tabriz, Iran
- – A. Dowhuszko and B.G. Guzmán, “Closed form approximation of the actual spectral power emission of commercial color LEDs for VLC,” IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology, pp. 1-9, Mar. 2022. Accepted. DoI: 10.1109/JLT.2022.3158188
- – T. Kamalakis, Z. Ghassemlooy, S. Zvanovec, and L.N. Alves, “Analysis and simulation of a hybrid visible-light/infrared optical wireless network for IoT applications,” Journal of Optical Communications and Networking 14, 69-78 (2022). DoI: 10.1364/JOCN.442787
- – J. Bas and A. Dowhuszko, “On the use of NB-IoT over GEO satellite systems with time-packed optical feeder links for over-the-air firmware/software updates of machine-type terminals,” Sensors, vol. 21, no. 12, p. 3952, June 2021. DoI: 10.3390/s21123952
- – J. Bas and A. Dowhuszko, “End-to-end performance of an uplink NB-IoT transmission relayed on a low-altitude UAV platform with non-orthogonal single-carrier FDMA in the optical wireless backhaul link,” Special Issue on Mobile Networks, Springer, pp. 1-22, June 2021.
- – J. Bas, J.A. Ortega, M. Busquets, and A. Dowhuszko, “Indoor monitoring system based on ARQ signaling generated by a Visible Light Communication link,” in Proc. IEEE Global Communications Conference, Madrid, Spain, pp. 1-6, December 2021. DoI: 10.1109/GLOBECOM46510.2021.9685169
- – M. Grillo, A. Dowhuszko, M.-Ali Khalighi and J. Hämäläinen, “Resource allocation in a quantum key distribution network with LEO and GEO trusted-repeaters,” in Proc. International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems, Belin, Germany, pp. 1-6, September 2021. DoI: 10.1109/ISWCS49558.2021.9562139.
- – J. A. Apolo, B. Ortega and V. Almenar, “Hybrid POF/VLC Links Based on a Single LED for Indoor Communications,” Photonics vol 8 (7), 254 (2021). DoI: 10.3390/photonics8070254
- – M. Hammouda, A.M. Vegni, and V. Loscrí, “On the Noise Effect on Fingerprinting-based Positioning Error in Underwater Visible Light Networks,” Sensors 2021, 21, 5398. DoI: 10.3390/s21165398
- – A. Burton, P. Chvojka, P.A. Haigh, Z. Ghassemlooy, and S. Zvanovec, “Optical Filter-Less WDM for Visible Light Communications Using Defocused MIMO,” Electronics 2021, 10, 1065. DoI: 10.3390/electronics10091065
- – O.I. Younus, N.B. Hassan, Z. Ghassemlooy, S. Zvanovec, L.N. Alves, and H. Le-Minh, “The Utilization of Artificial Neural Network Equalizer in Optical Camera Communications,” Sensors 2021, 21, 2826. DoI: 10.3390/s21082826
- – E. Eso, Z. Ghassemlooy, S. Zvanovec, J. Sathian, M.M. Abadi, and O.I. Younus, “Performance of Vehicular Visible Light Communications under the Effects of Atmospheric Turbulence with Aperture Averaging,” Sensors 2021, 21, 2751. DoI: 10.3390/s21082751
- – V. Matus, V. Guerra, C. Jurado-Verdu, S. Zvanovec, and R. Perez-Jimenez, “Wireless Sensor Networks Using Sub-Pixel Optical Camera Communications: Advances in Experimental Channel Evaluation,” Sensors 2021, 21, 2739. DoI: 10.3390/s21082739
- – L. Rodrigues, M. Figueiredo, and L.N. Alves, “Optimized Analog Multi-Band Carrierless Amplitude and Phase Modulation for Visible Light Communication-Based Internet of Things Systems,” Sensors 2021, 21, 2537. DoI: 10.3390/s21072537
- – M. Hulea, G.I. Uleru, and C.F. Caruntu, “Adaptive SNN for Anthropomorphic Finger Control,” Sensors 2021, 21, 2730. DoI: 10.3390/s21082730
- – H.B. Eldeeb, E. Eso, E.A. Jarchlo, S. Zvanovec, M. Uysal, and Z. Ghassemlooy, “Vehicular VLC: A Ray Tracing Study Based on Measured Radiation Patterns of Commercial Taillights,” in IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. DoI: 10.1109/LPT.2021.3065233
- – X. Li, Z. Ghassemlooy, S. Zvánovec, P.A. Haigh, “A 40 Mb/s VLC System Reusing an Existing Large LED Panel in an Indoor Office Environment,” Sensors 2021, 21, 1697. DoI: 10.3390/s21051697
- – N.A. Androutsosa, H.E. Nistazakisa, M.I. Petkovic, G.T. Djordjevic, A.N. Stassinakis, and C.K. Volos, “Multi-hop DF relayed FSO links with various modulation formats emulated by a dual-hop scheme for strong turbulence conditions”, Optik, Volume 227, 2020, 165972. DoI: 10.1016/j.ijleo.2020.165972
- – Y. Xiao, P.D. Diamantoulakis, Z. Fang, L. Hao, Z. Ma and G.K. Karagiannidis, “Cooperative Hybrid VLC/RF Systems with SLIPT,” in IEEE Transactions on Communications. DoI:10.1109/TCOMM.2021.3051908
- – N. Chaudhary, O.I. Younus, L.N. Alves, Z. Ghassemlooy, S. Zvanovec, and H. Le-Minh, “An Indoor Visible Light Positioning System Using Tilted LEDs with High Accuracy,” Sensors 2021, 21, 920. DoI: 10.3390/s21030920
- – A.K. Garg, V. Janyani, B. Batagelj, N.H.Z. Abidin, and M.H.A. Bakar, “Hybrid FSO/fiber optic link based reliable & energy efficient WDM optical network architecture”, Optical Fiber Technology, Volume 61, 2021, 102422, ISSN 1068-5200. DoI: 10.1016/j.yofte.2020.102422
- – G.T. Djordjevic, D.N. Milic, and I.D. Radojkovic, “Performance of free-space optical systems in the presence of receiver imperfections”, International Scientific Conference of Communications, Information, Electronic and Energy Systems (CIEES 2020), 26th-29th November 2020, Borovets, Bulgaria, in IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 1032, no. 1, p. 012002. DoI: 10.1088/1757-899X/1032/1/012002
- – M. Hulea, Z. Ghassemlooy, S. Rajbhandari, O.I. Younus, and A. Barleanu, “Optical Axons for Electro-Optical Neural Networks,” Sensors 2020, 20, 6119. DoI: 10.3390/s20216119